phpReel is a free, MIT licensed, open-source CMS that helps you build your own subscription-based video streaming platform.
Some of the most important features:
- Subscription system and payment gateway powered by Stripe.
- Store the content locally, directly on the server, on the cloud with Amazon S3 and stream it from there or just embed videos from third-party video hosts such as Vimeo or YouTube.
- Upload and stream large video files by chunking them into small pieces.
- Customize the look and functionality of the platform by creating new themes (including child themes) and modules.
- Use the phpReel API to access, control, or modify core functionality by calling pre-built methods right from your custom themes or modules.
- Create and manage translation right from the dashboard.
At its core phpReel is powered by Laravel so anyone familiar with the framework should find working with the CMS rather familiar.
- Amazon S3
Built with phpReel CMS:
Nuezit is an e-learning platform powered by the phpReel CMS for hosting video courses with the goal of providing free resources for aspiring programmers willing to acquire new skills. It’s a register-based platform that requires a free account to view the content.